Women’s Heritage Month: Dawn Satterwhite

Name: Elizabeth Dawn Satterwhite

What would you say that you do here at SEBTS?

I help assure all faculty & staff are paid accurately and on time, all benefits are properly in place, and SEBTS maintains compliance with all federal and state employment regulations.

Tell us a little about yourself:

I am wife to David and mother to our two daughters, Ashley & Brooke, and our fur-baby, Bailey. I was blessed in May to gain a son, Ashley’s husband, Randy. I was born and raised in Raleigh, so one of the few natives around campus. I enjoy spending time with family, fellowshipping with others, music, reading, and enjoying God’s creation at the beach and the mountains.

What is a book that you have read that has left the most impact on you (besides the Bible)?

This is a hard one as I prefer fictional reading more than academic/educational. Currently, I am working through the book Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst. It has been a good reminder that I am a child of God and need to live more in that identity.

Who’s your favorite historical figure (that’s a woman)?

I’ve not thought of this much. I guess I’d have to say Ruth Bell Graham or Barbara Bush. Both to me portray strong, independent, yet humble, godly women who supported their husband and instilled biblical truth in their children.

When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did that happen or did God take you in another direction?

I wanted to be a nurse when I grew up, probably because my mom was one. As I got older, God drew me toward computers and accounting. I have always liked solving math problems and accounting just seemed to come naturally. It’s the way God has wired me.

What is a legacy you want to leave? How do you want to be remembered?

I would like to be known as a godly woman, but feel like that is something I am always striving for, yet never reach. Also, that I loved others well, with Christ’s love. Proverbs 31:28 also comes to mind: “Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.” Not that it would be of my own doing, but because of what Christ has done in and through me.

Share