Women’s Heritage Month: Rebekah Jenks

RebekahJenksBioPhoto

Name: Rebekah Jenks

What would you say that you do here at SEBTS? Adjunct Faculty for College Algebra

Tell us a little about yourself:

I am married to Wayne Jenks, SEBTS Director of IT.  We have three precious gifts from God: Braxton (15 years old), Brennan (14 years old) and Brookelyn (12 years old).  I grew up in Alabama and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics from The University of Alabama. I have a Masters of Arts in Teaching Mathematics from the University of Louisville. We have been at Southeastern for almost 9 years. I enjoy SEBTS, softball, disc golf, reading, spending time with Wayne, loving on my kids and the Alabama Crimson Tide.

What is a book that you have read that has left the most impact on you (besides the Bible)?

It is hard to narrow this down to just one because I love to read and there are a lot of good books out there!  Mary Kassian wrote a book called Conversation Peace.  I have taught it in a Women’s Bible Study twice and read it alone a couple of times.  It challenges and encourages me in my interaction with others.

Who’s your favorite historical figure (that’s a woman)?  Corrie Ten Boom

Who is the woman that has had the most impact on your life that you know personally and why?

Linda Conklan, my 8th grade math teacher, has impacted my life more than most any other person.  She took me under her wing and mentored me through high school and college.  She challenged me to walk with Christ through any and everything that came my way.  She let me watch her life – the real, the raw, the pretty, the ugly and she did it with Christ.  She selflessly gave to a little girl.  Why me?  No idea except that God knew I needed the love and guidance of a godly woman.  She told me I was special and God loved me and modeled His love to me.

What is a legacy you want to leave? How do you want to be remembered?

I want to leave a legacy of LOVE (God’s love).  My daughter has Colossians 3:14 on her wall.  It says “Above all, put on love.” Christ loved us so much He died for us.  If I can give a little of HIS love to others, model a little of HIS love to my family, students and neighbors, and draw others to HIS love that will be more than I could ever dream to leave. “Let all that you do be done in love.” 1 Cor 16:14  I want to do just that, in HIS strength, every day!  I want my students to know I love them. I want my neighbors to know I love them. I want my kids to know I love them.  I want my husband to know I love him.  I want my God to know I love Him.  His love wins.

Share