The final Connecting Point of the year is always such a sweet time and Dr. O’Donoghue even told me last night it’s her favorite event of the year! It’s always an intimate time of fellowship and prayer.
The night started off with everyone running in from the rain into the Jacumin-Simpson rotunda. Once people got in, grabbed their yummy cupcakes (made by the one and only Missie Branch) and fruit and then got into their seats the night began.
Beginning the night with worship being accompanied by the soft sound of a single violin.
One-by-one the women, 10 of them, came and were commissioned. We heard their stories, gave them a gift, laid hands on them and prayed for them.
Here are some of the ways you can be praying for the girls we prayed for last night:
- Pray that they would be present where they are currently. That they would continue to invest, build and grow in relationships that they have here. Pray that also in doing this, when the time comes, that they would leave well and with “healthy goodbyes”.
- As some of them are married with kids pray for them as they transition their kids into a different culture. Pray that they would know how to comfort, lead and love their children well through this transition.
- Pray for the marriages of the people that will leave what is comfortable to go into what is uncomfortable. Pray that they would stay rooted and grounded in their faith being an encouragement to each other.
- Pray for the singles that are leaving what is comfortable to go to what is uncomfortable. Pray that they would have good relationships with their teams and partners if they have one. Pray that during times of loneliness they would remember that comfort is found in the Lord.
- Pray that once they get into the countries they will be going to that they will have smooth transitions and begin forming strong relationships with nationals.
If you were not able to make this Connecting Point we hate that we missed you but don’t want you to miss out on too much. With that said, stop by the CGCS to pick up prayer cards for those we commissioned tonight and those already on the field!
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6:18